Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I've got what???

So I guess the herniated discs(me), the eye problems(Aaron), and the burned hand(Ethan) wasn't enough. I've had this red splotchy itchy patch on my side for about a week, and it was bugging me enough that I finally made an appointment with the doctor. So I go in to see him and he takes one look at it, askes me if I've been tired and droopy lately, I said yes and he tells me I have shingles. Yikes! Everything I have heard about shingles has been really bad and nasty. He gave me some antivirual medication that I have to take 5 times a day for the next week. He said in medical school they told them that they really don't treat the shingles, just manage the pain. Apparently it can get really painful. I have felt a little pain, it's really really itchy. Everyone I know of that has had it says it gets really bad, a young woman in my ward has had it and I guess it really killed her immune system. So I'm going to have to also watch that, I don't want to catch every little bug that comes around.

No comments: