Monday, January 19, 2009

My life is what it is....

How do I get two brothers to get along? My two oldest children are always at each others throats. The oldest thinks he is the boss and the second doesn't take time to think and pause, he goes from cool and calm to hot and disastrous in a flash. This morning they were at each other over a bag of chips. Aaron stormed out of the room and slammed the door in Ammon's face then he held it shut. Ammon starts punching at the door in a real rage. Now this wouldn't be much if it was just a normal door, but my temporary bedroom has these double doors that have window panes in them. I had always assumed that they were plexiglass, because one that keeps falling out of the computer room door is just that. But low and behold they are really glass, and it's thick, I would guess about 2/3 of an inch.

So Ammons standing there punching at the door when all of a sudden he's screaming in pain and he's got blood oozing out of his wrist. He had busted through the glass and took a big chunk of skin off the inside of his wrist. At first I thought he was going to need stitches because the bleeding wouldn't stop, but it finally did and I could see that there wasn't anything there to stitch. It had just torn off a few layers, well more then a few. So I wrapped him up and sent him on his way.

Michael has punished them by making them remove everything from their rooms except their beds and clothes. I don't know what to do with them.

Aaron has to control everything, he's the boss, has to butt into every conversation.

Ammon doesn't stop to think, he just sees red and goes after it.

What do I do?

3 comments:

Isaak and Jackie said...

that is tough, maybe try making them stay together all the time until they work out their problems. I really have no room to talk because I just started being a mother. Good luck!

Jennifer said...

Yikes! RJ has a temper too. He is so stubborn and thinks he is right about everything. Haven't had too much trouble yet between him and his sister. But he is getting very mean and rude with his friends and with another boy on the way I can only imagine what the future might hold. Good luck, not sure what advice I can lend.

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

When you figure this one out will you let me know Please! Enjoying your blog. Hugs, Bobbi Jo