Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday's and more

So today was my birthday, when I was a teenager 30+ was old. Now that I am 31 it doesn't feel old, now old is 50+. But I look at those kids who are 18 and 19, now those kids are like babies to me. I don't know where the time has gone. It seems like only yesterday that I was in high school, now here I am with a husband and six kids, a mini van and a mortgage. According to one of my friends you become a grown-up when you have your own house-mortgage, and the mini van. Well in that case I didn't become a grown-up until last year.

Wow, last year at this time we were living with Michael's parents waiting for our loan to go through so we could buy our house. I still can't believe we've been here for one year. We sure haven't accomplished much in that year. The only thing we've done is redo the roof, and that was because we were flooded last winter. When we moved in we had this big list of things that we were going to do, paint the rooms, get a new dishwasher, and stove. Replace the kitchen faucet. Put shelves in the upstairs closet, etc. What have we crossed off that list?? Nothing, a big fat nothing.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your blog got a makeover and pictures. Me like.