I guess one room with mold wasn't enough, we found more mold this week. Previously we had to have the master bedroom redone because of a mold problem. Now we've found mold on the basement wall under the wash machine. It's kind of a blessing in disguise. I was so mad at James because he had pulled the drain hose from the washer out of the drain pipe in the wall and I had done a few load of laundry not knowing it was out. So the wall and the stairs got soaked, the water heater got enough water in the bottom of it to put the burners out and the basement floor had about an inch of water on it in the corner around the drain.
We decided that we would rip out the sheetrock that had soaked up all the water before it got moldy. Well Michael started ripping it out and found that it was already very moldy, old mold that has been there a very long time. So now we've got to take care of the mold. We're not sure if we have to redo the stairs yet or not. They have very old vinyl tile on them and Michael can't get it off to check the condition of the stairs.
So we're just going to go ahead and also redo the laundry room floor at the same time. The vinyl tile on it has peel so much that there's a big spot where the washer and dryer sit that doesn't even have any and the floor under it has gotten moldy. So depending on how bad the floor is in there we might be replacing a huge chunk of it. We're also going to re-tile it with real tile.
Good thing it's tax return time. This is going to be a semi-expensive project.